Wednesday, February 23, 2011

It's Not the Destination, It's the Journey, RIGHT??

Stress... the final frontier. These are the voyages of the Mother Ship Laura. It's continuing mission (well, for at least 5 more weeks) is to explore strange, new food cravings, to seek out where I left my keys and my purse and to boldly go... anywhere, because it's getting harder and harder to move around these days! (cue Star Trek music!)

Man, what a day! I had a non-stress test today. No big deal, right? I even left early because an egg and cheese biscuit from McDonalds sounded SO GOOD!! I pulled into the drive-thru and realized I didn't have my wallet. Hmmm... no wallet, no cash, NO credit card, NO DRIVER'S LICENSE! UGH! I quickly pulled out of the drive-thru and pondered my time. Nope, no time to go home and get it. Sigh... no egg and cheese biscuit. (Major disappointment for this pregnant woman!)

I drove on to my appointment. It took 20 minutes, 20 MINUTES I TELL YOU, to find a place to park! Every time I found a spot, someone else took it! REALLY?!?! What part of NON-STRESS TEST did this day miss?!?! I almost cried. I almost lost my witness to Dr. Doofenschmirtz (the little guy from Phineas & Ferb that I have as a mascot in my car.) I called my husband. He heroically decided to go to the house, get my wallet and meet me for lunch after my appointment. He's such a great guy!

All said and done, everything's cool. The baby is extremely active which makes it hard to keep the heart monitor on him. He's getting all of his crazy activity out of the way in utero, right? (Let me have my delusion!)

1 comment:

  1. Loving your blog! You are a great writer. Or maybe I appreciate it because we both have the same odd thoughts....

    PS. I ordered 6 boxes of GS cookies from this cute little girl at our church (for a good cause, ya know? *WINK*) and definitely did NOT get the plain butter cookies!! Tragedy. Although I will have to try freezing the thin mints.......

    ReplyDelete