Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Top 10 Things I'm Looking Forward to After Pregnancy

As I was brushing my teeth last night and gagging for the millionth time, I started to think of what I'm looking forward to after pregnancy. Here's my list:

10. Dying my hair crazy colors again. It's been the same, boring color for 8 months! I need something new and exciting!

9. Not gagging EVERY TIME I brush my teeth. Seriously! The only times I have vomited in this pregnancy have been after brushing my teeth. Well, there was that one time after I had a major coughing fit.


8. Not peeing myself EVERY TIME I laugh hard, cough or sneeze! (I know this takes a while to return to normal and I'm aware that some women never recover this ability. I'm hoping to be an exception to this!)


7. Being able to take a pain killer that works better than PEZ... I mean, Tylenol.


6. My stomach returning to it's rightful place in my abdomen, rather than where it is which is against my rib cage. (No one should should feel their stomach growl in their chest. That's just weird!)


5. No more people rubbing my belly or commenting on how big I look. Neither of those things is very flattering. They do nothing for my self esteem.


4. Walking down my short hallway without losing my breath. Maybe even walking the 10 feet to my bathroom without losing my breath. Heck, I'd settle for getting up off the couch without losing my breath!


3. No longer feeling like that guy in Alien. You know, when the creature is moving around and then suddenly bursts through his abdomen? Yeah... like that!


2. No limitations on my caffeine consumption. Believe it or not, I have significantly cut down on my Dr. Pepper intake. It's sad. I miss my loads of Dr. Pepper!


And the number one thing I am looking forward to...


Finally meeting the boy who has beat me up from the inside, rearranged my entire body, and set me and my family on a whole new path in life! I can't wait to hug you, and kiss your face!! I love you, Jack!

No comments:

Post a Comment